Monday, October 23, 2006

On the Subject of Leaving


Hello.

It's been some time since I posted. One thing after another this fall, including a nasty bout with asthmatic bronchitis!

Anyway, today at 3:30 am, my husband Chris had to leave on another business trip out to Nevada. He'll be gone two weeks. Part of me wants this to get easier, but another part of me is glad that I get so upset when he goes. I am glad that after almost 2 years of being together, I still feel like the earth is splitting open and I am getting sucked in when he leaves. I love having him around, and being close to him. I love that he is in my life!

I used to be a self-sufficient woman, doing mostly everything for myself. Before I met Chris, I was comfortable living alone, and enjoyed my time to myself. I still enjoy the moments and the time I carve out for "self time", but now I enjoy the time he and I spend together just as much. It's even enough to know that he and I are in the same house, even if we are in separate rooms doing individual things without each other. There is a special "knowing" that we are always connected that feels so good. It's still there while he travels, but the fact that he is 2000+ miles away is daunting. I love to feel him next to me while we are sleeping, and I love to wake up to his sleepy face. I don't sleep well when he is away- it's hard for me to fall asleep without him here. I always feel so safe when we are together. Like all is right with the world. I think this is going to be a long two weeks this time. We both have plenty to do to keep us busy, but I don't think that will matter this time, at least to me. I already miss him, and he's only been gone 1/2 an hour!

1 Comments:

At 2:08 PM, Blogger Mother of Pearl said...

That's a great picture sweetie. It's so funny, I feel the EXACT same way when Matt goes away on business. The baby and I get really engrossed in something, and I snuggle him and sniffle a bit that Matt is missing out on the quiet night at home. :) Two weeks, and I'd be a basketcase. If you get lonely, give me a call and we'll do tea. *smile* Miss ya!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home