Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Tribal Inclinations

Today was the second Tribal Fusion bellydance class. I think I learned more in two hours of classes with my new teacher than I have learned in the last two 6-week sessions with my other (former?) teacher! My arms are sore. . .but at least I am working hard! This new teacher even uses the kind of fast and driving music that I am drawn to. I learned that I have a long way to go to be the dancer that I want to be, but I am also farther along than I thought. We danced in a "troupe setup", and it was interesting to create a dance with women who otherwise, are perfect strangers to me. Now, I can't say that I actually felt a connection with them, but we were able to create an artful, choreographed dance together as people who have only known each other for two hours.
As I sit here and write this, the full moon crept into view in the transom of the front door of the 1896 Victorian house that my husband and I just bought last month. Luna oversees everything that I do, and it is only appropriate that she is in the fullest of her power as I start down this path. Reflection, glow, female, strength, full, ripe, light, steadiness, are all words that come to me as I watch her curved path above me. Thank you for blessing and shedding your light on the path that lies before me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home