Thursday, August 17, 2006

Tribal Tassels

Monday night, I had another class in Tribal Fusion. We worked hard, and it felt great! My instructor had a simple tassel belt on, but it was very effective for some of the hip moves. So, Wednesday before class, I made a new belt! I had a belt base that I wasn't sure what to do with, and I decided to use that. I made 12 large tassels and 12 small ones. I sewed them to the belt, and added some brocade trim and tassel fringe. When it was completed, I slipped it on over my costume, and felt a transformation begin. I felt the energy of Pele, the Goddess of Fire and Dance, come over me. I felt powerful, and strongly feminine. Now, I want to paint the canvas front of the belt with flames. I have a performance on Saturday, and I would like to wear the belt for that.

I also agreed to do a painted mandala based on a woman's footprint. I have been on a 2 year hiatus from doing these. . .it's amazing what fear can do to keep you from doing something you love. When I was writing the email to the woman I am going to do the reading for, I kept seeing arms around the woman's head. Three on each side of her, to be exact! And I also saw an elephant's trunk. Ganesh. So, I asked the woman if she was working with Ganesh energy. I didn't tell her why. She replied that she has images of Ganesh all over her workplace. I picked up on that from 1/2 an hour's drive away, without direct contact with the woman. When I realized the significance of that, I cried, and thanked the Goddess for that awakening. Now it's time to step out and have faith in this process, and start doing the work I was intended to do in this life.

2 Comments:

At 6:59 AM, Blogger Mother of Pearl said...

Yay! I am so happy you've gotten your mojo back...it's been long overdue. :) Btw, I filed the paperwork with the state, and am now the happy owner of an errand running company called "Errand Loving Care." I am terrified...heh...We need to do lunch soon, give me a buzz when you're free. Light and Love, J

 
At 7:01 AM, Blogger Mother of Pearl said...

Yay! I'm so happy you've gotten your mojo back, as it's been long overdue. *grin* I'm also super excited to see the tarot deck when you start working on it. I filed all the paperwork, and am now the proud owner of an errand running business called, "Errand Loving Care" or ELC Corporation. Eek! I am terrified...We need to do lunch soon, so buzz me when you're free. Light and Love! J

 

Post a Comment

<< Home