Saturday, September 23, 2006

Me, In a Canoe!

So I am updating this very late, but I guess it is better late than never!
On Sept. 4 (Labor Day), my husband and I went to scope out the location of a remote place that I was supposed to dance at the next weekend. It was at YMCA camping retreat that is located at a beautiful lake. Well, it was a beautiful day. Our day actually started out with an unexpected major change in plans, so we thought we'd just spend the day doing something fun and adventurous since our original plans were interrupted. It sure turned out for the better! We decided to rent a canoe and paddle about on the lake for an hour. What a great experience! I hadn't been in a canoe for at least 15 years! I was QUITE anxious when we first got in, but Chris' quiet and supportive demeanor helped soothe me. It only took me about 20 minutes to get comfortable and to get the hang of paddling without dangerously rocking the canoe. We even purposefully grounded ourselves on a little island full of plants so that we could have lunch in the canoe. (I was much too nervous and unbalanced to try to deal with the packed lunch while we were just floating around! It seemed like EVERY little motion set the canoe to rocking again!) The picnic lunch was a lovely experience. We made an agreement to do something outside in the natural world once a week, and to make more adventure in our life. Here's to the great outdoors!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home